Monday, February 6, 2017

1940s Red Linen Dress

I recently found these darling flower buttons and decided to make some changes to this 1940s doll dress. I swap out the buttons and shortened the sleeves. The results really made this dress quite charming:)

Close-up of the buttons:)



I made this dress off a girls pattern I found online. I often like to just look at old patterns and fashion plates, honestly I can look at them for hours picking the construction apart in my head figuring out how I can recreate them.







The skirt hem is hand sewn, with a lace bias tape underneath, which is really a nice way to do hems...I need to use tape more often.





This is what it looked like before


After